Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Need a Father’s Day gift for the golfer in your life? Below is a list of my top 10 golf gift ideas that are practical and useful.
Titleist ProV1 or Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls
One necessity that all golfers need are golf balls. And there are many to choose from. Here, I’m listing the top 3 golf balls that would make most golfers very happy. Titleist and Callaway are well-known brands in golf ball technology. They are somewhat on the pricier side of golf balls, which is why for Father’s Day, a dozen golf balls can be a very nice gift.
- Extraordinary distance with consistent flight
- Very low long game spin and penetrating trajectory
- Drop-and-stop short game control
- Fast Ball Speed Off The Driver Callaway is the only golf ball company that has the new Dual Soft Fast Core. It's engineered for fast ball speeds with low spin for players needing spin reduction to optimize their launch conditions off the tee
- More Spin and Control The 4 piece construction, mantle layer and Tour Urethane Cover all combine for even more control throughout the bag. You will also find extreme spin with your scoring clubs from inside 100 yards
- Low Compression For Incredibly Soft Feel The Dual Soft Fast Core lets you compress the ball on iron shots for long, straight flight. And it has amazing feel around the greens
Snell Golf Balls are fairly new to the golf world and yet, are growing in popularity. Started in 2015 by a golf ball designer with almost 30 years of experience in the golf ball business, their mission is “to bring tour caliber equipment to the amateur golfer at an affordable price”. The designer, Dean Snell, worked previously with two of the largest golf ball manufacturers and was a co-creator of the ProV1’s. A friend of my husband, who is also a very good golfer uses and loves these Snell golf balls.
Don’t tell my husband, but he is getting these for Father’s Day this year :).
- New smaller core offers low driver spin & faster speeds.
- A thicker, firmer mantle layer for increased mid and short iron approach shots.
- Low lift, low drag for controlled ball flight to reduce "ballooning" and offer great performance in the wind Firmer Feel
I just found out about this really great swing trainer. Just about everyone who golfs would love to have more distance and power. This training tool, used by hundreds of Tour Pros, helps increase swing speed and can help add more distance to the golf shot. This is definitely on my personal wish list.
- #1 Swing Speed Training System in Golf
- Used by more than 600 Tour Pros Worldwide
- Includes 3 specifically-weighted clubs and nearly 2 years’ worth of online video instruction
A GPS golf watch was my first foray into determining the distance to the green. As a beginner, all I worried about was hitting the ball as well as I could. But as I improved, I needed to know how far the green was from where I was hitting. Using a GPS watch is easy and extremely useful. You can wander around the golf course trying to find the yardage markers, but this watch tells you front, middle, and back yardages to the green from where you are standing.
- Autoshot round analyzer measures shot distances with auto recording for post round analysis on your Garmin Connect account
- Stylish comfort: Fully hinged, sleek watchband design with comfortable fit. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels. Smartphone compatibility - iPhone, Android
- Truswing compatible: When paired, Garmin TruSwing golf swing sensor provides metrics to improve your swing consistency. Display size: 0.9 x 0.9 (inches)
A golf rangefinder can provide even better or more exact yardages. Point to a object with the rangefinder and it will tell you the distance from where you are standing. This handy hybrid gadget displays the GPS distances to the green like a golf watch while also being a rangefinder. I especially like the fact you can just look at the yardages to the green on the display and not have to use the rnagefinder everytime.
- First ever integrated Laser/GPS display
- Dual battery source (CR2 for Laser and USB for GPS)
- PinSeeker with JOLT Technology
This is the premier rangefinder for those golfers that want just about everything. This provides not only exact distances to any object, but it can also give you the slope reading and other measurements that are needed on a golf course. For tournament play, it also has a switch to turn off these extra measurements.
- Ranges 5 1, 300 yards; 450+ yards to Flags
- IPX7 Fully Waterproof
- Class 1 laser with less than 0.5 mW average power output
Golf is one of those activities that has a lot of accessories and equipment. We are talking everything from balls, tees, markers, gloves, sunscreen, shoes, towels, scorecards, cleaning tools, beverage holders, sunglasses, hats, and a whole lot more. Having something to keep all these items neat and organized in your car, trunk, house or garage can be extremely useful for a golfer.
During golf season, I keep everything in my trunk so I can just leave the house knowing everything is all there in my car. Since I mostly walk when I golf, I don’t like to bring too many extra items in my golf bag as it can get heavy. After a round of golf, I have a place to put everything and it is neat, organized and efficient. And ready to go for the next round.
- LOTS OF STORAGE SPACE - 19"x 15"x 6" Keep all your extra gear from rolling around the back of your vehicle. The top of the organizer has large pockets for even more storage and mesh ventilation to allow shoes to breathe
- ADJUSTABLE DIVDERS - The Trunk-It allows you to customize your storage to suit your needs so you can easily find and access all your gear.
- CARRY HANDLE – Grab all your gear at once or transfer it to a different vehicle effortlessly with the convenient carry handle.
This is a gift that will help the golfer in your life with their golf game. Hands down, it has been one of the most useful training aids my husband and I have purchased. It sits in our living room and we can practice putting anytime. Highly recommend this. It can be used on a carpet or you can get a putting mat as well.
- This training aid is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green by it's ground-breaking parabolic curved design
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
This putting mat can be used in conjunction with the putting trainer above as they go nicely together. I like this particular one because of the lines that can help a golfer line up their putts and ensure their position is correct.
- ⛳ YOUR PERFECT PUTTING GREEN - Have the peace of mind that you will have the perfect indoor putting mat to make your practice simple, effective and entertaining whenever and wherever you are. EXPUTT Golf Mat is the perfect replacement for the outdoor putting green.
- 😎 SUPERIOR QUALITY - Thicker, stronger than ordinary nylon indoor putting greens and uses the best quality of TPR backing material. Most nylon putting mats in the market use 900g/m2 or 1100g/m2 for backing but EXPUTT Putting Mat uses 1200g/m2 for the best of density and durability. We GUARANTEE the highest quality.
- 🏌 SIMPLE and PRACTICAL - Various Guidelines / Foot Markers will make it easy to track where the ball lasts. An extended Alignment Lines allow you to check right position and angle before your stroke. This putting green is compatible with all types putting aids / cups and you can create your own practice method with unlimited possibilities.